P.U.S.S.H. Versus Beacon Score for Section 8 Tenants
P.U.S.S.H. Pre-approved Underwritten Standard for Subsidized Housing Recipients is a service that uses simple algorithm which scores subsidized housing recipients based on their responses to uniquely crafted prescreening questions with scores ranging from 300 to 850 similar to Beacon scores.
This service must be adopted by ALL real estate professionals and Landlords considering renting to subsidized housing recipients. Currently, indirect and overt discrimination against subsidized housing recipients is inherent in the traditional tenant selection criteria.
P.U.S.S.H. must become the city-wide standard because levels the playing field for subsidized housing recipients.T
here are conditions unique to Section 8 recipients …
which make it unfair to apply the standard tenant selection criteria because it may automatically disqualify the majority of that tenant population. Because of this, many unfamiliar real estate professionals and Landlords miss the mark and miss out on the opportunity to obtain an upstanding tenant at or above fair market rents.
few key questions unique to this population are …
- *How many bedrooms are allowed on your voucher?
- *How many years of verifiable rental history do you have?
- *Are you able to get a letter of reference from your current Landlord? Have you ever been evicted?
- *What is your CURRENT portion of rent? For example, if the total rent is $1,000 and $900 is subsidized then MY PORTION OF THE RENT IS $100.
- *What’s the name of the program or housing agency providing the security deposit assistance? What about the monthly subsidy?
About the author …
- Landlord for 17 years
- Real estate broker for 16 years
- Former Vice Chairman of the Section 8’s DCHPA, DC Housing Provider’s Association for 5 years
- Founder and Chairman of DCLUM, DC Landlord Unity Movement for 5 years
- Managing Partner of Housing & Urban Management, tenant placement for Section 8 Landlords and consulting on Landlord infrastructure and perplexing issues associated with managing Section 8 rentals
- Inventor of P.U.S.S.H., a service that uses a simple algorithm to score subsidized housing recipients based on their responses to uniquely crafted prescreening questions with scores ranging from 300 to 850 similar to Beacon scores …
Michael T. Kornegay, CVO
Landlords & Realtors
ARE YOU FILLING YOUR VACANT RENTALS IN 7 TO 14 DAYS?
Download our Ultimate Subsidized Rentals Cheat Sheet & learn how to secure quality Section 8 tenants paying up to 30% - 80% higher and GUARANTEED rents each month → all in 7 to 14 days!
List Your Rental
See how many of our 100's of prescreened tenants, with Section 8 vouchers, are interested in your property!